DUUTON® Cotton Care
Recommended care guidelines
DUUTON® cotton fabrics are made from 100% cotton, but for maximum performance and long-life, special care should be taken when washing and caring for your garment.
DUUTON® fabrics are 100% cotton: do not store for prolonged periods while wet or damp. Always air dry thoroughly.
Not suitable for machine wash
- Gently brush or sponge off any dirt
- Handwash with care using pure liquid soap (or products such as 'Nixwax Tech Wash', 'Granger's Performance Wash', or 'Storm Cleaner', which also help preserve the original Durable Water Repellent (DWR) finish)
- Do not use any softening agent
- Rinse twice in lukewarm water
- Re-shape the garment on a hanger avoiding direct sunlight
- Iron carefully on a warm setting (to re-activate the DWR treatment)
Durable Water Repellent (DWR) treatment
After washing your garment you can carefully iron the cotton fabric using only a warm setting. This helps to re-active or revitalise the DWR treatment.
After several washes the garment may require re-proofing. Consult with your local specialist retailer for advice and suitable products (such as 'Nikwax Cotton Proof', 'Granger's Clothing Repel', or 'Storm Eco-proofer'). Some products available offer both cleaning and proofing, such as Granger's Clothing Wash + Repel.
The guidelines on this webpage are only recommendations without guarantee of success, since proper care and responsibility is left to the discretion of the user based on the circumstances of each individual case.
Always test or iron a small test area first.